Editing Composite SLOs
Reading time: 0 minute(s) (0 words)
See how to edit Composite SLO - learn how changing certain attributes can impact the way Composite SLOs are calculated.
You can edit a Composite SLO by clicking the Edit button next to the Composite SLO in the Grid View.
- In step 4 of the SLO wizard, you can edit:
- The Target for both the Occurrences and Time Slices error budget calculation methods
- The Time Slice Allowance for the Time Slices error budget calculation method
- The Values for both the Occurrences and Time Slices error budget calculation methods
- The Query for each added Objective by clicking View Query and modifying it
- You can also add a new Objective to the Composite SLO. Once you’ve saved your changes, error budget calculations proceed with this objective included. Similarly, you can remove a defined Objective. Error budget calculations proceed without this objective after you’ve saved your changes. Calculations do not get reset.
- In step 5 of the SLO wizard, you can uncheck the Create Composite SLO checkbox. When you save your changes, all the previously added objectives become individual, regular SLOs (the Composite SLO no longer appears in the Nobl9 UI and no history is preserved). Similarly, you can edit a regular SLO and check the Create Composite SLO checkbox in this step of the wizard. When you save your changes, the SLO becomes a Composite SLO.
The changes you make to the Composite SLO are reflected within a few minutes. The Composite SLO then starts to show an updated burn down.
Well done! Now, you know how not to break your Composite SLO!